The Veterans One Stop Center (a branch of Emergence Health Network) proudly hosted a PACT Act Claims Clinic on 17Jan 2023. The clinic was a partnership with the El Paso VA, Congresswoman Veronica Escobar’s Office, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), and the El Paso Veteran Services Office.
The PACT Act is probably the largest health care and benefits expansion in Veterans Adminstration (VA) history. The full name of the PACT Act is The Sergeant First Class (SFC) Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act.
The PACT Act benefits Veterans by bringing these changes:
- Expanding and extending eligibility for VA health care for Veterans with toxic exposures and Veterans of the Vietnam, Gulf War, and post-9/11 eras
- Adds 20+ more presumptive conditions for burn pits, Agent Orange, and other toxic exposures.
- Adds more presumptive-exposure locations for Agent Orange and radiation.
- Requires VA to provide a toxic exposure screening to every Veteran enrolled in VA health care.
- Helps VA improve research, staff education, and treatment related to toxic exposures.
This law helps by providing generations of Veterans and their survivors with care and benefits they earned and deserved.
At this week’s PACT Act Clinic with support from the VBA, El Paso Veterans Service Office, and Military Veteran Peer Network over 380 Veterans and spouses were able to either start their benefits claim or schedule an appointment.